Tanya Thourani is an accomplished Project Manager and an ex-Software Developer who excels at using agile methodologies, DevOps and cutting edge investment technologies for process improvement, data capabilities and service delivery.
Some of the valuable insights Tanya shared:
- Start by developing interest. Then take a course to understand how finance works. Then leverage the people with experience and have opportunities for you in the area you’re learning.
- Experience in engineering or any kind of technical skill will come handy if you move to finance. You will have a different attitude to solving problems and financial services.
- Certification gives you a power boost.
- Keep experimenting until you get a system that works for you.
- Once you develop an interest in finance try becoming the best in it.
- If you are driven by the idea of finance as a career reduce distraction and focus on your career trajectory.
- Identify what skills you lack and effective ways to gain these skills.
The Valuation Master Class is an on-demand online course that trains attendees to become company valuation experts. Graduates can confidently value any company and possess the in-demand industry skills needed to succeed as investment bankers, asset managers, equity analysts, or value investors.
The Valuation Master Class Boot Camp presents the Valuation Master Class Foundation material in a 6-week guided online course format. Daily live sessions, teamwork, progress tracking, and the intensive nature help guide attendees to completion. The final company valuation project and presentation is tangible evidence of the attendee’s practical valuation experience and dedication to building a career in finance.