Careers in Finance with James Lan
James Lan is currently a portfolio manager at a local fund management firm based at the center of Bangkok’s financial district. James is responsible for flow and fund management businesses and has 6 years of trading experience.
Some of the valuable insights James shared:
- Communication and soft skills are very important in the finance industry. You need to be able to communicate your ideas.
- It’s not just about reading books. It’s also about your experience and mindset.
- Have a good trading mindset to stay persistent in your trade and to have conviction in your trade.
- To succeed in finance, work on your mindset first, then have a good understanding of risk and then learn about trading.
- You also need to have good risk management strategies.
- Incentive alone is not enough to propel you long into a career in finance. You also need interest and passion.
- Trade is not just about numbers it’s an art as well.
- Learn new skills that will be relevant in future.
The Valuation Master Class is an on-demand online course that trains attendees to become company valuation experts. Graduates can confidently value any company and possess the in-demand industry skills needed to succeed as investment bankers, asset managers, equity analysts, or value investors.
Click here to learn more about Valuation Master Class Foundation.
The Valuation Master Class Boot Camp presents the Valuation Master Class Foundation material in a 6-week guided online course format. Daily live sessions, teamwork, progress tracking, and the intensive nature help guide attendees to completion. The final company valuation project and presentation is tangible evidence of the attendee’s practical valuation experience and dedication to building a career in finance.
Click here to learn more about the Boot Camp.