Some of the valuable insights Meili shared:
- When valuing a startup company or a venture investment always remember that there are different stages of startup companies.
- The biggest mistake people make when valuing an early-stage startup is not thinking critically enough about the potential of the business in terms of the market and the exit opportunity.
- Don’t use a lot of emotions when giving value. Don’t let the wow moment of dealing with a new business or technology blind you from valuating the company critically.
- Find something that you like to do and be passionate about what you do. This is the only way to gain success.
- Before you make any investment think about the total addressable market size. Think on a global scale.
In the Valuation Master Class, you get access to many more Careers in Finance interviews. Valuation Master Class is the Bootcamp for Valuation—the complete, proven, step-by-step course to guide you from novice to valuation expert. The course consists of five modules, and you can learn more about Module 1 here.