Careers in Finance with Okey Umeano
Okey Umeano is the chief economist at the Securities and Exchange Commission Nigeria. Okey holds 20+ years of experience in finance, asset and risk management.
Some of the valuable insights Okey shared:
- Finance is very dynamic and moves quickly. You have to keep up with the pace of the industry. So keep studying, if not you will get outdated very quickly.
- Be innovative. Don’t just accept the traditional instruments that you find in place.
- Apply what you’ve studied or read in books to your environment.
- It’s important to get major certifications in finance because they signal to the world that you are international, you’re prepared and you have the required skills.
- Everything is possible. It might look overwhelming at first but it can be done. Just find out how it should be done.
- Love what you do. As long as you love your career, you’re gonna be able to make the sacrifices it requires for you to do well.
The Valuation Master Class is an on-demand online course that trains attendees to become company valuation experts. Graduates can confidently value any company and possess the in-demand industry skills needed to succeed as investment bankers, asset managers, equity analysts, or value investors.
Click here to learn more about Valuation Master Class Foundation.
The Valuation Master Class Boot Camp presents the Valuation Master Class Foundation material in a 6-week guided online course format. Daily live sessions, teamwork, progress tracking, and the intensive nature help guide attendees to completion. The final company valuation project and presentation is tangible evidence of the attendee’s practical valuation experience and dedication to building a career in finance.
Click here to learn more about the Boot Camp.